Indian Institute of Management Udaipur is looking for a CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATION (COA) who will supervise and direct various administrative functions. Brief details of the indicative responsibilities of the COA are appended below this advertisement for information of prospective candidates.
The Chief of Administration at IIMU is a senior functionary who provides total administrative support for all the activities of the Institute. The position calls for a person with high educational qualifications, maturity, integrity, and above all, rich experience in senior administrative roles, preferably at reputed academic institutions. The COA is required to lead a team of administrative staff and guide them in their day to day activities.
Pay & Allowances:
The selected candidate will be offered appointment on a contractual basis for an initial period of three years, and depending on the candidate’s performance, drive, initiative and maturity, the appointment may be extended for a further period of two years. Compensation will be competitive, and correspond to the candidate’s suitability for the position, qualifications, capabilities, and experience, with provisions for annual increases based on performance. In addition, the COA would be provided campus housing at a nominal rent, and medical benefits.
Qualifications & Experience:
Applicants should be graduates in any discipline and preferably have a post-graduate degree/diploma in management from a reputed university/institute. Applicants should have a minimum of 15 years of experience in senior administrative positions. Excellent organizing skills, high performance orientation and ability to make continuous systemic improvements would be essential attributes.
Not exceeding 55 years.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume(including inter alia details of education, experience, current and expected compensation, and at least two references), either by post/courier, or by email,to The Director, Indian Institute of Management Udaipur, Balicha, Udaipur, Rajasthan – 313001,
<email: email@example.com>. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed in bold with “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATION”. In case of e-mail applications, the subject line should read “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATION”. To be considered for the position, an application should arrive at the Director’s office latest by 5th April, 2017.
Indicative Details of Responsibilities of COA
Statutory / Administration
- To assist the Director in the day-to-day functioning of the Institute
- Overall in-charge of administrative functions.
- To attend to matters such as public relations, visitors to the Institute, arrangements for foreign visitors, etc.
- Such matters as may be stipulated in the Memorandum of Association.
- Custodian of all records, assets and funds of the Institute.
- To exercise administrative and financial powers delegated by the Board/ Director.
- To deal with employees unions and settle the problems by negotiations etc.
- To attend to legal matters affecting the Institute and act as First Appellate Authority in RTI related matters.
- To prepare the annual reports of the Institute.
- To attend to questions from the Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha, and Parliamentary Committees.
- Appointing authority of administrative staff as per the delegation of authority by the Board/ Director.
- To prepare the budget proposals of the Institute.
- Budgetary control of expenditure.
- To issue financial sanctions for purchase, maintenance, and repair of various items within the approved budget and the delegation of authority.
- To exercise the administrative powers as delegated by the Board/ Director from time to time, and to correspond with various Central/ State/ Local Government departments, bodies, ministries, etc.
- Responsible for making administrative arrangements for conferences.
- coordination of Institute Convocation.
- Overall supervision and responsibility formatters related to estate, transport, security, stores & purchase, community welfare, students’ hostels, land, etc.
- To examine proposals for construction and maintenance of buildings and Institute campus.
- Implementation of various guidelines and orders received from the Government of India.
- Any other function as may be decided by the Board/ Director from time to time.